Responsibilities: As an Employment Specialists (Job Coach) you will play an invaluable role of serving, coaching, and learning from a diverse population of individuals with varying mental/ behavioral and/or physical disabilities in various employment settings. Ages range from youth soon to graduate high school to all ages of adults. This position works out in the community with our clients at various locations. This position requires daily driving. This is a part-time as needed position that may require after 5:00pm and weekends.
Must have High School Diploma / GED and documented three (3) years of experience, working directly with individuals with disabilities involved in the provision of vocational rehabilitation services including job development and/or coaching.
- Professional work ethic and business casual dress
- Flexibility with schedule to meet client’s needs – can include some weekends. Schedules are posted daily for the following day. This position requires FLEXIBILITY
- Problem solving/analytical skills
- Reliable access to computer and internet to submit notes daily
- Strong writing skills with ability to proof read and submit documentation with minimal errors
- Reliable transportation w/ ability to travel to client’s place of employment/training site as needed. Travel can include the entire Valley.
- Current driver’s license and car registration
- Must have cell phone
- Must be able to get fingerprint clearance card
- Time management skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Have fun! Have fun! Have fun!
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Demonstrate and model professional and ethical employment behaviors at all times
- Meet clients at their place of work or training internship out in the community
- Meets 2 to 3 clients a day – shifts vary to client’s needs. Daily driving required between clients.
- Develop positive professional rapport with clients, employers, and fellow team members
- Assist clients in identifying their professional strengths and challenges
- Identify the employment goals of each individual
- Create daily written goals with clients that will allow them to achieve their employment aspirations
- Provide and share supportive and constructive feedback to clients
- Write clear, objective, and detailed case notes documenting your coaching, feedback, and client responses.
- Meet all daily and weekly documentation deadlines
- Maintain frequent and open communication with management and fellow team members to ensure the highest quality of customer service possible
Compensation: Position starts at $15/hr (depending on experience) + travel time + admin time. After mandatory 60 day probationary period full time positions will be eligible for medical/vision/dental benefits if working 32hrs+ a week on average (Full time). Additional fringe benefits include $50/mo cell phone use reimbursement and gas reimbursement up to $230/mo, and employer paid $10,000 life insurance policy and Long-Term-Disability.