Contracting with: Banner, Molina, Mercy Care, AZ Complete Health
Serving Adult GMH Title Participants Valley Wide
In contrast to other approaches to vocational rehabilitation, Supported Employment de-emphasizes prevocational assessment and training and puts a premium on rapid job search and employment. The job search is conducted at a pace that is comfortable for consumers and is not slowed down by any programming prerequisites:
- Eligibility is based on consumer choice with “Zero Exclusion”.
- Services are integrated with comprehensive mental health treatment.
- Competitive employment is the goal.
- Personalized benefits counseling is important (Disability Benefits 101)
- Job Search starts soon after consumers express interest in working.
- Follow-along supports are continuous.
- Consumer’s preferences are important.
Services include but not limited to:
- Creating resumes
- Job Development and Placement
- Interviewing Skills
- Benefits counseling
- Career Exploration
- Retention Supports
Ongoing Support to Maintain Employment (Retention):
Retention includes support services that enable a person to complete job training or maintain employment. Services may include:
- Monitoring and supervision
- Assistance in performing job tasks
- Supportive counseling
Work Adjustment Training
Our Work Adjustment Training program offers work-related activities in a community based setting that teaches the meaning and value of the work environment. You will learn skills that help you develop new work behaviors, capsule attitudes and move you closer to your employment goals. All services are one-on-one and take place at employer sites throughout the Valley.
Classroom training is designed for individuals who are ready to work but need to obtain and/or enhance their skills. This can be done in a group setting or with individuals one-on-one to improve and/or develop their skills. Each participant will take an initial assessment to evaluate their skill level and then select their individualized program from the following list:
Customer Service Representative
Customer Service/ Call Center
Medical Front Office Procedure
Other Occupational Training
Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet Explorer